Kaleidoscope

Monday, June 14, 2004

Who has been going through my trash?
I just think this is really weird.... Our trash is picked up on Mondays so usually Greg and I put the trash by the curb on Sunday evenings when we are preparing for the week. Last night we placed one can with a cardboard box and a pizza box sitting neatly on top. That was around 9:20 yesterday evening. This morning at 5:30 AM when I was leaving for the gym, the boxes were gone but the trash bags were still in the can. I know the trash is not picked up before noon on our street. I just thought is was strange... So, as I was exiting our street I looked at the trash the neighbors left and it looked as though they had some things misplaced, or I was just trying to make myself feel better.

This is not the first time that something like this has happened. When we first moved in and we were still throwing out old fixtures and things we were replacing, I sat some metal shelves by the curb that had been hanging over the toilets in the bathrooms. The frames were metal and painted white. The shelves were glass and sat loosely on the frames. The glass was still lost somewhere in the basement, but I wanted to be rid of the shelves since they did not seem to go with the look we were going for. When I got up the next morning to go to the gym the trashcans were still there, but the metal shelves were gone. That just struck me as weird. Who goes around late at night and takes people's trash? We live in a quiet, family filled neighborhood. We have met almost all of our neighbors and everyone seems to always be looking out for one another. We can let our neighbors know when we are going to be out of town and they will pick up our mail, put out our trash and keep an eye on the house, just as we would do for them. So it just seems strange that anyone would be walking down our streets, checking out what we have in the trash. Maybe that is just me.

I have been trying to figure out what type of person would be doing this. Is an a local artist who uses certain items from neighboring trash cans to make sculptures that they will sell for hundreds of dollars one day? Or could it be that the homeless population is much higher in our area then I realized and someone is taking our trash and using it in the camp they have set up. Who knows.....

Has anyone ever had this problem? Am I the only one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home