Kaleidoscope

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Getting all sucked in
officially as of today, our entire company knows that I will be leaving at the end of May. I haven't even gotten to let all my friends know yet, which I guess if you guys are reading this you know that the suspense is now over. *sigh* Really, I was trying to keep it more on the DL since I have not notified all of my clients yet.

What seems weird about this is flipping back and forth between emotions. Yesterday I was a little sad because telling an employer that I like that I am leaving is not fun. Now, if I really did not like him then I am sure that turning in my notice would have been a relief. After a day of feeling like I was breaking up with someone yesterday evening my soon to be boss called me when I was on my way home and I was excited then. He was cluing me in on a some of the accounts that I will be working on in June and I am really looking forward to it. I have met the people who work in the office and they are great. I think this will be a fun environment to be in. But for the next two and a half weeks I am going to be sucked in to wrapping things up and making sure that those who take on my projects and responsibilities will be set and our clients will never realize there was a transition that took place.

I thought maybe I would be preparing for my new position in some way, but I think I am just going to walk in that Tuesday morning and tackle it then. As for my current work, I am being reminded of all of the things I had to do. Some weeks it seemed that I was always on top of things and never missed a beat, but as I catalogue the day to day things that I have to do it looks so monstrous. And right now all my comments and updates are coming in so I am trying to get them as much in order and take care of as many as possible.

So with a lot of excitement and a lot of people to tell, I am busting at the seams. This is a whole new chapter in life for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home