Kaleidoscope

Monday, May 17, 2004


So, what ever happened to Gert Jonnys?
Part of the fun I was having on Friday was looking up 70's boy bands. Don't ask me why because I am not real sure. I just thought it would be interesting to see what the boy bands were like before New Kids On The Block. Yup- I will always be hanging tough with NKOTB.

So, I was looking around and found some great evidence that boy bands before New Kids were young, awkward and that big hair was always something members of a boy band had to have. And you thought it all started with Justin Timberlake.

As it turns out, Gert Jonnys was a Swedish band that unfortunately never had the proper guidance, or maybe it was just that they did not have the right hair style, to make it big in The States. In doing a little reading up in GJ, I am finding that my Swede is a little rusty so I have not learned a great deal about them.Time is another factor What I do know is that like other 70's boy bands, these guys liked tight button up shirts with a shiny vest. They really reminded me of Santa's little helpers at the mall during Christmas, rather then a hip boy band throwing out smash hits like "Please, don't go girl", "Backstreet is back". I wasn't there, so I could be wrong.

Abba was lucky enough to make in the states, I think I could have been into a little Gert Jonnys... Who knows, they could have done great covers for Orleans, maybe?<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home