Kaleidoscope

Friday, June 11, 2004


Welcome Luke
Well, that cute picture is not my nephew- but that is a cute baby. I am lame and do not have a digital camera, so my adorable pictures of my new nephew are protected and enclosed within a disposable camera. I will get with it one day.

I have to say, I am completely amazed at the whole process of birth. My sister wanted me to be there, so against my own weak stomach and little tolerance for those in pain, I was there. I helped count the contractions, stroke her hair and hold the trash can. I had no idea that you could get sick during labor. My sister was awesome though and gave me hope that I might live through my own labor. My mom was awesome as well. Since she has been through labor three times, she knew everything that was going on which was great because I was clueless and so was Chris. We just counted and held her hands and relaxed when the contractions subsided.

Unfortunately, everything was not a walk in the park. Luke's heart rate went down a couple of times so ultimately they performed a C-Section. Bless my sister's heart, she started having contractions on Wednesday evening at 11 PM and just before 4 PM the following day, they decide it would be better to get it over with. Baby and momma were both getting pretty tired. So, at 4:16 yesterday afternoon my nephew was born with a full head of dark curly hair and long fingers and feet. He is perfect and I am absolutely in love! I can spoil him all I want and when I done I can return him to his momma and daddy to deal with. What a life.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home