Kaleidoscope

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

What Stops You?
Going through the act of changing my job has prompted a lot of thoughts lately. I guess this is maybe what happens when you begin going through so many changes in your life. It is beginning to feel like a complete overhaul. I believe the biggest thing is that I have become so introspective lately.

I would like to think that I have been the captain of my fate from day one. This really is not so. I have not been limited by anything more then my own fear. Fear has kept me from doing things many times, but not so much anymore. There was a significant level of fear in changing jobs because I had to take on so many other areas of the industry that I was not completely sure of. Fear often kept me from exploring all the things that I could do, in high school and in college. Fear is what kept me from writing for so long too. I know it is hard to write and I know it takes complete dedication to see your first novel sitting on the shelf at Barnes and Noble or featured on Amazon. But through things like weblogs, anyone who wants to write, can. What is even better is that I have been able to read gifted writers who I may not be able to read otherwise and make a few friends along the way. Hooray for Blogger!

By stepping out on faith I am finding that I can do what is right and still do what I want to do. Living out your dreams seems to be nothing more then just going out there and doing it. It takes work, time and even patience, but it can be done. Every day welcomes the chance to take on new challenges and to start new. The more I live the more I realize that I have one chance at this, so here goes.... I look back on twenty-seven years and I am excited about so many of the things I have done. I hope to look back in twenty-seven more years feel that I have continued to live each day with all that I have and to enjoy what life has to offer.

Let nothing- not even fear, stop you.
NRC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home