Kaleidoscope

Monday, August 08, 2005

These are just random things

To start off a very random entry, I have to give proper credit to a very special person who could fill many wonderful entries of my blog, but I never really get around to glorifying her. Greg and Holly's cousin, Brandi is by far one of the most wonderful women I know. She does share that place with my moms, sisters, and my Ya-Yas. Greg and I spent the weekend with her and we had a great time. I wish so much that I had her around more. In fact, if this woman had her own blog it would be your favorite. She throws together the most wonderful gatherings with friends. She is creative by nature and it comes so easily to her. Her parties are wonderful and so effortless. She is a fantastic cook, thoughtful in every detail and when guest arrive she has everything ready to go, a drink in her hand and her laughter is filling the air. This weekend was no exception. She cooked a fantastic prime rib and coupled it with shrimp creamed potatoes. My goodness, it was wonderful! She is a fantastic hostess.

Other random things-

Now, I am sure I have mentioned this before, my husband and I are from the south and we are very southern as you would see from spending time with us. We were ever so slightly swayed by other southern kin this weekend to change our minds, but we made a list of reasons why we should not see the Dukes of Hazzard. We both watched DOH during the original release of the TV show. We love that Daisy was sweet and could use her feminine charms to nicely get what she needed or wanted without making the poor guy feel like a chump. Uncle Jessie provided wisdom and help without having to beat anyone up and if you watched the original as we did, you know that those Duke boys did not have to do a lot of damage physically. They were smart and could get out of most things without someone getting hurt. And Boss Hog was just in his own world trying to make a buck or two. He was not out to hurt anyone. So, knowing that the remake of this movie was not at all like the original, honestly Greg and I were afraid that we were going to hate it. So we decided that we were not going to see it until it came out on video. Well, our other southern kin who did see it, say that it is worth seeing. Not that is was great, but entertaining. That was enough for us. We will probably see it, and who am I kidding anyway? Jessica looks hot in the movie and I am sure that will make up for some lameness.... That is if you ask my husband. *giggle*

Props to Cassie~

If I have not mentioned this enough, Cassie is our black cocker spaniel that just fell right into our lap. She has been a blessing and an absolute pain in the neck at times. She has gotten us in trouble with Holly and Mike's neighbors as well as our neighbors. This weekend she made the biggest leap of maturity and change that we have seen yet. The poor thing is never allowed off the leash when we are not in a fenced in area because we have had to chase her down on more than one occasion. She did something this weekend that almost made my heart burst. I was so proud of her. Before we left my mother-in-law's house Sunday we decided to take out all the dogs before loading them up in the car. Mike made the bright suggestion to let Cassie go out without her leash and just see what she does. He suggested that we all take a corner and make sure she does not get too far away, that way if we need to chase her, we can. Well, bless her heart, she staying near us, she did what she needed to do and we did not have to chase her anywhere. When she was finished, she walked back to the house like a good girl. We have been working on this with her for a long time now, so it was really good to see her make some strides. When I take her for her walk, I have been letting her off of her leash a little earlier every time and she has been great. I am so proud of her. She is still my bouncy ball of fur, but she is beginning to learn how to behave and I could not be more proud of her.

More randomness....
I know why men have nipples. The new book,Why Men Have Nipples is a completely fascinating book to me. I read about it recently and had a chance to see the authors interviewed this morning. I asked Greg the other day if he knew why men had nipples and he looked at me as if I were a little weird. I explained and he seemed to be pleased with that. He still thought it a little strange that a thought like that would take up my time. I thought is was amusing though.

So, that is all that is random for me, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home