Kaleidoscope

Friday, August 05, 2005

Courtesy Of Your Professional Author

I may not have any truly creative writing projects completed and published, but by gosh I am going to have some professional works published soon.

I just concluded a call for my first writing assignment. Our company is working on a book and some presentation materials for public safety and some of the projects my office has worked on has been selected. I am meeting this with incredible excitement. I found out last week I could be doing a lot more of this work if I would agree to move to California. While that sounds cool, my husband has said that he would get really tired of flying out there every weekend to visit because he is not moving there. I guess that helps my decision now doesn't it. Which is all okay with me because I do have an ignorant fear that if I move to California it may fall off into the ocean. Silly, I know.

It does seem like some of my old career paths are coming back to haunt me. Besides the writing, teaching is sneaking up on me as well. We have a regional meeting coming up in April of next year and it is a bit like a mini conference. I have been invited to co-teach a workshop. So my folks can be some what proud that I never completely moved away from teaching. Yes, in a previous life I was working towards a teaching degree until I did some substitute teaching and realized first that I did not want to teach math. Secondly, I did not want to teach middle school. Thirdly, I did not want be a teacher. Well, a one day workshop does not really make me a teacher. All students are safe from my unconventional teaching ideas.

Well, I feel like I have accomplished a lot today. Maybe I will go home now.

Signing off.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home