Kaleidoscope

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Time is just ticking away

Hard to believe that one week ago I was spending my first weekend in San Diego. I have never been, so the excitement the week before was out of control. I work for a company that hosts a large conference there every year so it was a new adventure for me. Little did I know this, but there are a lot of users out there who have blogs on this subject, company and they kept great details on the week and meeting our company president. I slept little, talked a lot, drank once, met a lot of folks and learned that I do not know Jack.... If you are in GIS circles, I just made a joke.

One thing I was really excited about last weekend was meeting my cousin's new baby, Max. He is soooooo cute. We got some great pictures that my cousin is going to send to me soon so I can post them later. I just love this child. He is sweet, and soft and cuddles up in your arms and he has started smiling. You can tickle his little chin and he will smile some. I love it. And my cousin and his wife's house is just wonderful! It was built in 1917, the door is huge and solid wood. The original windows are still there which is cool because if you look from the right angle you can see the waves in the glass. They have a large bedroom with a beautiful chandelier in the sitting room and a court yard in the back. I was in love with the place.

When I flew in Friday night I was a little unnerved by the landing. If you have ever flown into San Diego, you know what I am talking about. The airport is in the middle of downtown and the runway ends at the bay. So, you are flying in between buildings and if the brakes on your plane fail you are going to be in the bay. Two things that scare me.

One thing I did not expect that I thought was strange is that San Diego appears to be the land of jacked up trucks. They are everywhere, no wonder a gallon of gas costs you $5.00... Okay, that was a little over the top, but it is more expensive.

One thing I really enjoyed was the low humidity. It made my running a lot easier, the tourists did not though. And the abundant health food selection was great. At least I could eat something that was not fried. Total plus.

So, I spent a week in San Diego, flew home late and was slammed. I made a game day decision on Saturday and missed an important shower... Lisa, when you read this, please forgive me... I am mailing your gift. Spent the day running around, working on the house, preparing for a shower today and going to a shower Saturday evening... It was a packed weekend. But I can not complain because I am sitting in the comfort of my home office, the husband is brushing his teeth and getting ready for bed and I am finally getting a little caught up on things. Life has been really busy.

Here is wishing a great week to all and hopes that I can crawl out of the pile of work I have to complete.... This is going to be another busy week.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home