Kaleidoscope

Friday, June 17, 2005

Some Days I am a Toad
But I am hoping to be kissed by a prince

The last couple of weeks have gone by in hast and a bit of a blur. Just when you think summer time means lazy days and picking flowers, I have found that it is something all together different. It is lots of deadlines, house repairs, friend and family marriages, family vacations, dates with the washer and dryer, visits to the vet, financial advisor, constant out of town conferences and room for one haircut this summer.

My boss has often referred to me as organized and having everything together. I realized this week that I organized myself into complete disorganization. I forgot some important things this week, had to rearrange my schedule because of it and by Tuesday I was feeling pretty low about it all.

In order to fix all of this, I have spent some time this week streamlining some things I do and getting BETTER organized. I think I have created a system that might work. I am going to see how it goes this month. I have cleaned out my email accounts, dumped junk in my office and this weekend I will be spending some time on my home office. There just seems to be this endless list of things to do. My job is one that can take up about twenty hours of the day. That does not leave room for a lot of other things. So, I took a look at some of the things I do, what was really important to me and I have let some things go.

Now it is Friday. I have a plan in place to getting my stuff together. I feel almost like a new woman. And I should, because before he flew off to Vegas last night, I was kissed by a prince.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home