Kaleidoscope

Friday, June 10, 2005

Plan of Attack

Today has just been one of those days. I have a lot of things that really need to get attention, but it is Friday afternoon, it is my husband's birthday and my nephew's birthday, I have not seen hubby since Wednesday morning and I am ready for the busy weekend we are about to have. So, needless to say, this has been the most unproductive day I have had in a long time. Unproductive in the sense of work, very productive in the sense of attack.

For April Fool's Day my boss played a mean joke on me. And I fell for it. So, I have been thinking of a way to get him back and with his wife's help that is exactly what our entire office did today. My boss recently bought an Escalade that is his reselling to a college freshman. He drove it to work today since it was to be the last day we would all see it. That is where the bright idea came for us to get his keys, move the car and have someone call and tell him that the car had been stolen, involved in a high speed chase and was now totaled. One of my co-workers said the only way he would fall for it was if his wife called and gave him the news. So, we enlisted her help and before we knew it he was on the phone, scrambling to the window and speaking very loud. It was both scary and thrilling at the same time. The downside is that none of us can keep a straight face long enough. So, he got himself together and started asking who did it, and who was involved. Little did he know the entire office was in on. He admitted that we got him and we felt good. We have tried to play jokes on him before and it never works. I think he must have specialized in reading people because he knows what a certain pitch in your voice means and the way you stand. Very alarming at times, yet he is always right.

We think one reason that we pulled this over on my boss was because his attention was on finding out why two guys were walking through our offices last night taking inventory. When we each got our offices this morning our blinds were closed, large items moved around and everything seemed misplaced. Our building supervisor said there had been no schedule for anyone to come in and take inventory on anything. So now we all sit on the edge of our seats, look behind our doors and hope that we are wise when our boss decides to get us back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home