Kaleidoscope

Thursday, June 30, 2005

The Monster Inside

A couple of weeks ago I noticed something interesting about my workouts. When I do only cardio in the morning I feel energized and I do not fall into an afternoon slump. When I workout back and biceps I feel strong, tall and invincible. When I workout chest and triceps I feel like some aggressive monster. This is really a weird feeling that I have noticed. Greg and I rolled out of bed this morning and worked out chest and did some triceps. After our workout I noticed I was in a hurry this morning to get ready and get to work. I skipped breakfast, shot my green food in a flash, and drove to work as if I was Tony Stewart. I got in the office and started reorganizing things and getting ready for what is going to be a very long day.

I am curious as to how this works. What is it about certain muscle groups that put you into a different frame of mind? When I was doing a lot of yoga exercises I felt like I had really good balance, I sat tall and I went about my day with little effort. Between abusing my punching bag last night and working out my chest today, I feel like I am going to growl at anyone who walks into my office today. This might be a good day for me to keep my door closed.

So I think I might have it figured out now as to what I need. If I am going to be facing a tough day where some heads may have to roll than I need to work out my chest in the morning. If I am going to have a long day and need a lot of energy than I should run that morning and if I need to repress this monster that is creeping its ugly, NASCAR racing attitude than I need to get home, drop and do fifty and end the day with some yoga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home