Kaleidoscope

Friday, May 27, 2005

Free Dreaming

Hoorah! This weekend officially marks the beginning of summer. And it could not come a moment too soon. Sun dresses are hanging in my closet just waiting to be worn in the warm sun and maybe get a tickle kiss from the ocean this summer.... Hey, why wait until this weekend to start dreaming?

When I was in school, summer meant that I had a chance to write for a couple of months about anything I wanted. I would lay in my parent's back yard and listen to the wind or stare at the clouds and that fed my imagination. This was how I use to take full advantage of that time I once had and now I have a really old collection of things I wrote anywhere from 10 to 15 years ago. I have been setting a lot of that on the back burner pursuit of a now satisfying career. Well, it is time to knock off the rust and get back to it.

I will be relaxing on the lake this weekend and exercising my imagination for a change. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it. Losing it seems to be something I am doing these days. Plus I got a friendly reminder from my creative writing teacher about classes coming up and my drop in entries... Argh... I really will get this stuff together one day. In fact I am starting this weekend

Here is to summer and free dreaming. Cheers to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home