Kaleidoscope

Monday, May 16, 2005

On Being A Home Owner

This weekend I awakened some muscles that I must not have been using much. My back is soar, my shoulder is making some weird noises and my forearms have had a workout. I am hear to say that I am not complaining though. Not one bit. That is because if you walk in our house where you use to see some nappy carpet that our sweet cocker spaniel liked to throw up on, you now see these beautiful, shiny hardwood floors. Greg and I just stand and stare at them. It is the greatest feeling in the world to have a major project at the house complete.

We also figured out a few things that we must keep in our house at all times. One is professional strength drain declogger. I am talking the type you need a funnel to use with. We tried Drain-O more times than I care to mention and the sink in the master bathroom just would not stay unclogged. So we brought in a big chemical. Greg poured it in the sink while I was cleaning the tug and if you had lit a match anywhere in our house the whole place would have exploded. Between floor stain, furniture stain, drain declogger and tub cleaner we were a major explosion waiting to happen. But, it got the job down and now brushing our teeth does not require a 5 minute break as you wait for the water to drain out of the sink.

The other major item we will always have in our house is, Howards Restore-A-Finish. This is the best stuff I have ever seen. We have a beautiful dining room set that we got from Greg's family. I am in love with it, but there are scratches on the chairs, water spots on the table and a heat stain that is the size of the pizza box that was sat on top of it. We took some super fine steel wool and went to town on the table and it looks beautiful. I could hardly contain my excitement. Our table looks wonderful and I can not wait to finish the chair, buffet and liquor cabinet.

The next major purchase is new living room furniture. The next major project is the yard, a ramp for the shed and a bench we have decided to build out of an old truck tailgate.

And I am back to looking my age. I got those beautiful braces off yesterday. I now have a permanent retainer behind my two front teeth and a clear retainer that I have to wear all of the time for the next two weeks. Beauty has a price and I guess I am paying up.

So now I have to catch up on the rest of my life.... You know, spend some time with my husband and catch up with my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home