Kaleidoscope

Friday, May 20, 2005

So it has been ten years

.... Since I graduated from high school. I got an email from our class president yesterday and our reunion is going to be the first weekend of August. I am really excited about. There are not as many people on the list as I thought there would be but I am sure we will find more along the way.

I still keep in touch with a handful of folks from high school. We have been to each other's weddings, had dinner clubs briefly and emailed sporadically. There are several people on list that I have not seen in a long time and I am really looking forward to catching up with them.

I know the email about our reunion coming at this time of year has been part of the reason that I have become so nostalgic this week. On my way into work this morning I heard a song that reminds me of my senior year of high school and the memories were so vivid that I almost transported myself back to May 1995. Now I feel like my reunion will not get here fast enough. I guess I have not been out of school long enough to feel like I have to get a make over, lose twenty pounds and have a high power job to look like I have done something since I was a ponytail, ribbom wearing cheerleader. Or, it could just be that I am as happy with my life as I feel that I am. Thankfully, I will not be going all Romie and Michelle on you guys over the next month and a half. But, I will have to get with the program and get a digital camera before then so I can bring back some good pictures. Reunions are a little like marriages... They do not happen every day, you know.

Funny thing about reunions though is that they remind you of how immature you once were and how such trivial things could make or break your day. We had a five year reunion and as class officers we got together at the class president's house to plan it. At the senior breakfast our last week of school he had all of us fill out an index card predicting what we would be doing in five years. And if I remember correctly at the five year we wrote something about what we thought we would be doing at our ten year. One thing was for sure- I was dead wrong about what I thought I would be doing at my five year. I was not a writer or a teacher at my five year. I am not even sure what I wrote for my ten year though. Who knows. I am probably wrong about that one too.

So here is to graduates, live strong, live large. Do not take yourself too seriously, life is much more fun if you live it and not worry about. Enjoy your friends, your freedom and take a risk here and there. You might just be glad you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home