Kaleidoscope

Monday, May 23, 2005

So it is Monday

Today is a good day so far. I came in the office early to get a jump start on my week because I am so tired of being so far behind on things. So far, so good. My phone has only rang three times today. Tomorrow it will ring thirty. My desk is once again organized, but my in box is still full. I will have to get to that after lunch.

The weekend was good. Dinner on Friday night to celebrate a friend's birthday. All day yard work on Saturday, furniture hunting and a cookout Saturday night to celebrate another friend finishing grad school. Sunday more cleaning, some work and Star Wars Episode II. Greg thought a refresher before we see Episode III would be a good idea.

After the movie last night the puppy and I stayed up to do a bit of reading. I am trying to read 4 books right now. I do not know what my problem is. We both fell asleep in our favorite spots on the recliner. Our dog is still crazy but I am beginning to pick up on how much she is learning. When I sit in the recliner she sets herself in position to jump up on the chair with me and snuggle into her spot. We have the same routine every time we sit down. Cassie likes to lay on the left side of the chair so I get the right side and her little head just rests on my leg until she gets hot. Then she starts to inch her way to the end of the recliner. She has gotten really good at that, she use to inch her way down and fall off, but not anymore. I woke around 11:30 and looked down at her. She felt me stir and she just looked up at me with those cute groggy eyes and when I told her it was time to go to bed, she jumped off of the chair and walked down the hall to our bedroom. I was so impressed with her that I wanted to pick her up and squeeze her. Love that dog.

Today is one of the highlights of my month- the book club! I am so excited. This month was my turn to pick a book and I selected Girls Poker Night, by Jill A. Davis. It ended up being a little more thought provoking than I originally thought it was. I guess I will find out tonight what everyone thought.

That is all there is for now. Cheers to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home