Kaleidoscope

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Travel the world, my dear

I have just spent two days with several folks from my company whom I have never met before. Things have been great. I have been learning about openings, probing, confirmation and indifference. My performance upon my return from training should be outstanding. Well, that is if I can manage to retain it all.

There are three people I have been spending the most time with. One girl works for the same region I work for and we have found over the last couple of days that we have even more in common than we thought. The other two folks work in the Boston and New York regions of our company. I have been very happy with the time we have spent together. We have told stories about our family, I have had a chance to repeat some of my favorite stories about my hubby and I have heard about places that I thought before I would like to visit, but know for sure that I want to now. One thing the four of us all have in the common is love for travel and the good fortune that we have all had a chance to travel to some interesting and beautiful places around the world. I know a woman who was born and raised in Brazil. From hearing her talk about what a beautiful place it is, I have put that on my last of places to go. One of my co-workers has been there and loves it. He spent a semester there when he was in school and he said it was a time in his life that he will never forget. So, ten years from now I would love to say that I have been to Brazil. Caroline, the girl I work in the Southeastern region with, spent her honeymoon in Spain. She told some wonderful stories about things that she and her husband did. She highly recommended it. Five years from now, I would love to say that I have been to Spain. Now, I could handle switching those two around, but I know they are on my list.

Tomorrow, I spend my last day in DC. I have not done the site seeing that I thought I would do. I am not as close to the sites as I thought I was. I guess I will to make another trip back sometime.

I head back to Atlanta tomorrow on a red eye and I am excited about waking up in my own bed. Besides, I leave for Charlotte on Saturday and I will not be home again until Monday evening.

From DC, with love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home