Kaleidoscope

Monday, February 14, 2005

Where is Bob the Baton Twirling Minister of Mirth?

So often I am reminded of the great friends I have made over the last few years and yesterday was just another reminder of that. A group of us were celebrating the birthday of our friend, Gwen at Agnes and Muriel's. We had great food, half of the second floor to ourselves, a fantastic waiter and decorations all over the table. As always, Gwen was beautiful and gracious. She just finished working on a house in Alabama for Extreme Makeover, Home Edition. She had pictures that she passed around, great stories to tell and over all it was such a wonderful day!

We all spent the afternoon telling stories, making jokes and making plans for St. Patrick's Day. For the life of me, I do not remember how we got on the subject, but someone brought up a local character we have, Bob: The Baton Twirling Minister of Mirth.... And I am sure I missed something in his name. It just happened that our waiter knew him. He owns a florist in town, and when he has free time he dresses up and twirls a baton around Midtown. Atlanta is known for having color characters and this is one of them. I have seen him, although I never got his story. Apparently, he began this after September 11, 2001. He knew that folks needed to smile again and what better way to do that than to make you laugh. Now rather than laughing when I see him, I want to thank him.

And to Gwen, I hope this is a fabulous year for you!!!! It was a pleasure to share in your special birthday!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home