Kaleidoscope

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Oh No!!! My Car

About three weeks ago I was involved in a 5 car pile up. Sounds bad, which it was, but not as bad for me. At least that is what I thought.

I was in my first accident a year ago. I went 9 years without being involved in an accident or getting a speeding ticket and that has changed now. It all started at a light in north Atlanta last fall. I was rear-ended by another car so I learned that when I approach a light to always look in my review mirror. And thank God I did. Three weeks ago, I approached a light, I was the 4th car in line and I looked behind me and a delivery truck was coming up pretty fast. It was not the kind of fast that you think, "Gosh, they need to slow down or they are going to have a hard time stopping." It was a "Oh, Sugar!!! This truck is not going to be able to stop!" And sure enough, this guy could not stop, but the two cars between me and him, helped a whole lot. As fast as I could, I looked in the turning lane beside me and saw that no one was there, so I darted over, but not in time. One of the cars behind me still hit me. The good news was that I was not hurt and the damage to my car was visibly much less then the other four cars. The two cars behind me were completely smashed and all three people were carried away on stretchers. The delivery truck was banged up, but drivable and the 4th car lost a side mirror and probably needs a new passenger side door.

My car was examined, I took it into the shop and they took it apart. I just got a phone call and they found more damage to the car then meets the eye. Not a comforting thought considering that fact that I have been driving it the last three weeks. From what I gather, my floor board is somewhat rippled in the back, which does not sound good, but they said it is not dramatic, so I am not too worried.

For my inconvenience, the insurance company is paying for a rental car for me. I am sporting a silver PT Cruiser. My husband is so jealous. He would love to be driving my pimp ride. But instead he is driving his masculine truck.

Looks like I will be a gangster until next week. I will not get my sporty ride back until that ripple is gone and it no longer veers to the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home