Kaleidoscope

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Stories that are too good not to tell

The last couple of weeks have been really busy. Work is great, just crazy. The house is in a constant mess because hubby and I have so many projects and not enough time, and I have started my creative writing class. But, life is too good to go unrecorded.

Our scratch and sniff weekend
I know I have mentioned before, my cousin-in-law, her boyfriend and their buddies, so this will sound just like them. If you are at all familiar with the importance of College football in the south, then you will appreciate this. This year, Greg and I did not partake in Halloween parties. We attended the world's largest cocktail party. That would be the yearly rival game between the University of Florida and the University of Georgia. Greg and I took Friday off and drove to Amelia Island to catch up with our group. This weekend there were six of us. Greg, myself, Cousin Brandi, Boyfriend Woody, and friends, Casey and Jenny.

We did not run into any famous people and we were not engaged in any fights. That is always good. What we did do, was take a boat ride to the game, let our nerves get the best of us until the Georgia finally beat Florida for the second time in fifteen years, then take the boat back to Amelia Island. We had a DJ who called himself, Hey You and he kept playing the Florida fight song, but called it the Georgia fight song. I approached him and asked if he even had the Georgia fight song and I do not think he liked that very much. We were all a little tired of hearing the Florida fight song though. I mean, have some respect. Having the Georgia fight song should be a requirement.

I owe some fabulous quotes from the weekend to Woody and Casey. I have never seen two grown men feed off of each other the way these two do. Scratch and sniff was something that we heard several times that weekend, among others which do not immediately come to mind. But scratch and sniff stands out the most.

Greg and I drove home Sunday in a great mood because the Dawgs were victorious that day, but we came home to find that.....

The Great Pumpkin Strikes Again

That is what we were greeted with when we came home. We had our thoughts on who it was and either our friends and family are terrific liars, or we do not know some other friends as well as we thought. Our yard was covered in pumpkins. It was hilarious!!! The neighbors thought it made great decorations. We rid ourselves of most of them on Saturday at a friends' wedding. They thought it would be nice to use them in pictures.... I still wonder if they had anything to do with it.

So, next year we are required to "Pay it forward" and bestow the gift upon someone else. I think we might have to do it to someone we really do not know, because all of our friends are going to know it is us, if we do it to them.

Life is good, life is busy and I love it. There is more to come as well. My nephew, Luke just experienced his first Halloween, I am in Reno still operating on East Coast time and I am knee deep in my creative writing class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home