Kaleidoscope

Monday, January 31, 2005

Bragging Rights

I am sure I have not mentioned this before, but I married a Civil Engineer.... Now before you start getting visions of a pocket protector wearing nerd with tape holding his glasses together, I will go ahead and dissolve that illusion. While he is one of the smartest people I have ever met, he loves sports, works out almost religiously and makes me laugh like no one else does. However, I found out something new about my husband this weekend, that he failed to mention in the past.

We were having dinner with some friends Friday night, one of whom went to high school with my betrothed and I found out that I still have a lot to learn about my husband. I can now add another thing to brag about him on to an already long growing list. Get a load of this- I am married to a Quiz Bowl Champion!!!! Yes, while I was cheering for the basketball team on Saturday mornings in high school, my husband was traveling the state with other quizzers, debating philosophy and discussing the most current events.

I know I tell my hubby on a regular basis that I think he is amazing and I really do. He is funny, handsome, handy around the house, always helping me out and he is going to be able to coach our children in quiz bowl one day as well.Oh, my did I really say that??? A quiz bowl kid... My quiz bowl kid.

Maybe, if the stars align right, I will be lucky enough to have a son or daughter one day who is as well rounded as my husband is.

Cheers to all you quiz bowl champs! Especially mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home