Kaleidoscope

Friday, October 22, 2004

Halloween.... This is so stupid

I do not understand what the big deal is. Maybe because all I have done this year is put fall flowers in my ceramic pumpkin. But, for some reason I do not get it. Halloween is on October 31. I got that. But every radio station this morning was talking about Halloween might be on Saturday, or it might be on Sunday. So, in the famous words of Seinfeld I ask, "What's the deal?"

I think it was my freshman year of high school when Halloween fell on a Tuesday. It was the first time I did not go trick-or-treating. I was so bummed about it too. I dressed up as a flasher at school that day and even won second place for my grade level. I was wearing my long raincoat and underneath I had on shorts, a t-shirt and a camera. When someone asked what I was I would open my coat and flash would go off on the camera and they got it. I thought it was pretty clever. Unfortunately for me, I had my first French test the next day so I would not be joining the family for trick-or-treating that night. And Halloween was not moved to the weekend so I could be a part of it. No, Halloween was still on Tuesday and everyone was out on the same night. No one came on Monday and we did not have any stragglers on Wednesday. Just Tuesday, October 31st.

So, I am trying to understand what the heck everyone is getting so excited about here? Why is there an issue on what night kids will be out trick-or-treating??? I heard about one city here that has claimed that Halloween will begin at 6 PM on Saturday. That is October 30th. Halloween is not on October 30th.

I do not get it, I just do not get it. As for me, hubby and puppy, we will be ready for trick-or-treaters on Sunday evening. If they come on Saturday evening, they are out of luck. We will not have candy on October 30th, we will only have it on October 31st which is Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home