Kaleidoscope

Friday, July 02, 2004

Step away from the snack box
Our entire office is going to become candidates for the Weight Watchers. About a week ago a couple of guys came into our office and made a great offer that we could not turn down. This is how pitiful we are. We all said, "Oh, I really do not need to be eating things like that...." Ten minutes later we were the proud owners of a new snack box. This thing comes complete with Reese's Pieces, Honey Buns, and other assorted chocolate candy bars in addition to Ramen Noodles and Crunch N' Munch. I was good for about two days and then I broke down and had some Reese's Pieces.

Now I have to avert my eyes from the snack box when I go into the breakroom to get my lunch. I have been making a concerted effort to eat well. I have a sweet tooth though, so it makes it hard. So, while I was warming up left over pizza for lunch, realllllll healthy, I started checking out the nutritional information on selected items. I use to just look at fat grams, now I have to check out sugars, carbohydrates, sodium, and I am appalled! I eat some of the worst things known to man. I can get 11% of my daily carbs from one candy bar. Have you ever looked at the nutritional information for a Honey Bun? 56 carbs!!!!! That's right, 56. That is more then 33% of the average daily recommendation. But, if you really want to get freaked out look for nutrition information on a package of Slim Jims. The twin pack (as if one is not enough) specifies that you write to them to get nutrition information. Write to them? If I have to write to them to find out how far over the daily recommended amount of carbs are in one Slim Jim, then I should probably not eat it.
I might have to stick to my celery sticks. I can still eat pizza and maybe still fit through the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home