Kaleidoscope

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Creatures of habit

I have been wondering for a couple of weeks who has been walking around the ceiling of our office building. My office is on the top floor, so we are fortunate to have such a nice view of the world around us. But, almost every afternoon I hear light steps above my head and I always wonder what it is. I have just assumed that the maintenance crew stays pretty busy and they are tramping around up there every day.

Well, I now understand where the phrase "creatures of habit" came from. This morning we were meeting with a potential client in our conference room. The exterior wall is completely covered with windows. Just before the meeting kicked off, my boss said our good luck charm arrived. He was looking out the window so we all did the same. I am sure I looked shocked because when I looked out a rather large buzzard was hanging out on the ledge just outside our windows.

The building I work in is fairly new. It was completed only six years ago, on land that was once a farm. From what I have now learned, our building stands where a barn once stood and buzzards once ruled the barn. Now that the barn has been replaced with an office building, can you say "moving on up"? the buzzards still perch here. So, it is not the maintenance crew above my head every day, it is locale buzzards. If it would stop raining every afternoon, I might just run up there one day and see how many of them perch there during the day. And right now, just above my head I there is a creature of habit. He is making his way to the edge of the roof and off he goes.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home