Kaleidoscope

Friday, March 11, 2005

28

Yesterday I celebrated my twenty-eighth birthday. I did not do anything like take the day off and go to the spa like I did last year, but I had a great day. I had calls from some of the people who are dearest to my heart, singing birthday wishes and making me feel so special. When I got home I had a mailbox full of cards and packages. I felt loved.

One thing that has become a birthday tradition for me is dinner at my mom's. I know why I think birthdays are so special now. My mom has always made my birthday as well as my brother and sister's birthday a special day for us and this year was no different. Mom cooked some of my favorite things, we had chocolate cake and a candle that played music. Just as every year my mom let me know that she was happy to have me and that my birthday was special for her too. I had a great birthday. Greg gave me a very sweet card and this year it was to his wife, not his girlfriend, not his fiance... His wife, along with a gift card to Borders.... He loves his bookworm of a wife.

As I thought back on it when I got into bed last night, I realized the best part of my birthday was that I received my first kiss from my nephew, Luke. He has become just the absolute apple of every eye in my family and I am a sucker for him. So when he leaned over at nine months of age and kissed my check, my whole heart just melted. I could not have received a better or sweeter gift.

I had a happy birthday and I look forward to many more....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home