Kaleidoscope

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Wrapping up in wind and rain

Another few days of not blogging and lots to catch up on. I went to our neighbor's house on Friday afternoon when I got home from work and talked with her about our dog. She felt bad for being harsh and not telling us before that she was distressed. I felt bad that our sweet little dog was bothering her and that we looked like some young punks. All is well now, though. We chatted about gardening and even exchanged a couple of books. It was very nice.

My dear husband has become a very handy man, I must say. We hung a few more doors this weekend, did yard work, cleaned the house, rearranged the living room, bought a slip cover for the old couch in the dining room/den, and put crown molding in the guest bathroom. As busy as it was, I have to say it was fun. We have a good time working on the house together. We do not always have the same ideas on things, but there has been something fun about working on our home together. I think we have both gotten a lot of satisfaction from stepping back and seeing what we have done. I think we both feel a lot of pride in what we have done. It might sound corny, but it has seemed really special.

The weather has not been a friend to us at all though. I have not lost my home so I really have nothing to complain about, but my schedule is all messed up. That has not been as fun. I had a presentation scheduled for today, that I worked hard on this weekend. It has been rescheduled for Friday morning. Mainly by my request, because quite frankly, I do not want to end up stranded in a rental car in mountains. Just does not sound like fun to me- at all. So, Friday will be a busy day as well, but then I have the weekend to look forward to. My father-in-lay (or my other dad as I like to call him) might be coming into town. I love it when he comes to town, because we have a good time, but somehow he always ends up doing something at the house. That, I do feel bad about. He knows so much and is really good at fixing things, which I guess is where my hubby inherited the skills. I know he would like to just come visit and not have anything to do, and one of these days, he will. I will just make sure that we feed him well and stock the fridge with Diet Coke and maybe take him to a movie. At least let him know how much we appreciate his help. He really has been good to us.

Other then that, I am cranking at work. Sadly, I have not done any writing in a long time. I really miss it, too. But, life is good and it will be even better when my basement dries out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home