Kaleidoscope

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Full Production

I still love my job- no doubt about that. I just do not like my lack of time. Time to really work on the house, to write, read, and maybe shop. Ultra sweet hubby of mine is very kind to remind me that I have not blogged from time to time. It is always good to know that he reads it.

Last week was huge. My director and I were in Savannah for a big presentation. He decided after reviewing it again at 10 PM that he wanted to completely trash it and do it over. Bahhh!!!! I am still "the new girl" and I really did not want to get in bad with my boss, so the internal monologue, stayed exactly that- internal. At 12:30 AM a new presentation was born. I was wired and nervous and barely slept the rest of the night. It probably had something to do with the fact that my security blanket (hubby) was miles and miles away.

Fast forward to 10 AM on Thursday. My director and I met with one of the political players in this whole sorted mix and he says that he does not want us to do the presentation that we gave him a sneak preview of. I was afraid that I was going throw myself on the floor and start having a fit. Kicking and screaming like a brat who was not getting their way. A LOT of time went into that presentation. So, we broke for lunch and got our thoughts together. I could not eat much since I was really nervous now, I was going on three hours sleep and you know what lunch will do to you. So, my director and I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed back to the conference room. We made last minute notes and people started to pour in. This meeting had a happy ending though, so that made my day.

Since then, I have moved into conference mode. I just finished one and I have another one coming up next week. Lots to do. I am going to have to do better time management. Love my job, but having a life is important too. I got that now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home