Kaleidoscope

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

In a Hurry

It feels like fall came over night. A week ago, I was sweating like a pack mule when I was doing yard work and wearing as little clothing as possible. Sunday afternoon I was dreaming of crisp fall leaves and getting excited about going to my first outdoor football game of the season. I am amazed, yet I am so excited. I will be wearing sweat shirts soon and warm coats. I will wrap up in my favorite scarves and hats, pull on my gloves and turn my back to the winter wind. I can not wait!!!!

For some reason fall seems to be the most nostalgic time of the year for me. To me, fall just smells like football and bonfires. I was laying in my hammock Sunday afternoon following a really good run and I just closed my eyes and I was 17 again. I was laying in my mom's hammock looking up at the pine trees above me. Wow! Fall is amazing! I am anxiously awaiting for every leaf in our yard to fall. I want to rake them into a huge pile and chase the dog through it and then rake them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home