Kaleidoscope

Monday, August 16, 2004

Big Weekend In Little Town

Greg and I took an extended weekend to a small, south Georgia town this weekend, where he grew up. We were going to stay with family, hangout by the pool and just relax. Greg is really close to one of his cousins and we just do not get the chance to see her as much as we use to. This is a pity because she is one of the most fun people to be around. She can out shop, out dance, and out laugh anyone. You can not be around her and not have a good time.

So, Greg and I thought that we would be hanging out by the pool, desperately trying to catch some rays before summer was all gone. Well, thanks to the weather and bit a of late start, we did not hang out by the pool. We shopped. Yup. We got into town and exchanged some duplicate gifts that we received, had lunch and went to see his cousin who also happens to be the town's queen of auto parts. She had an evening all planned for us and we were game. We got to spend the evening pretending that we were graduates of the junior college there in town. Yes, the queen of auto parts gives back to the community.

We had a great time. There was a silent auction where you could purchase anything from a UGA Bulldog wall decoration to classic denim button down shirts. I did my shopping at a store there in town so I would fit in for the evening, so there was no shopping for me that evening. Very sweet hubby may not have been so sweet if I continued to spend his money. We had dinner, drinks and did some dancing. And you better believe I danced. This girl is not afraid to get out and cut a rug, especially when no one else is getting out there and you know the band hates to play for a dull crowd. Greg's cousin and I were also joined on the floor by her very fun friends. Want to talk about a good time, we had one. Her friends immediately made us their friends. We danced until we had enough and then sat up for a better part of the night (try until 3 AM) talking about almost anything that you can think of. Needless to say, Greg and slept the morning away. We woke up around 11 AM and laid in bed talking about what we were going to spend our money on when we win the lottery. That is conversation that we enjoy from time to time.

The remainder of the weekend was much more calm, but still fun. Greg's family treats me just as if I have been around all of my life so when Greg is going home, I am going home too. Greg's mom is hoping that one of these days he is going to get all of his toys and clothes and everything else he harbors in her house and take them to our house. I think he is going to wait until she has it piled in the yard and is ready to light a match to it before he will do that. So, we just brought old stuff out and looked through pictures he drew when he was in the 7th grade and I got to see what his cute little feet looked like when he was just a couple of days old. I just could not help but wish I could have seen them. I would have loved to play with all of his little toes.

Coming home was the hard part. It is always hard to leave family, especially when you feel like you have not spent enough time with them. But, we had a puppy to play with, a house to clean, a yard to cut, doors to paint, laundry to do, and work that needed to be done. And now Monday is here and I have another weekend to look forward to. One of my girlfriends who has moved far, far, away will be home and I am looking forward to seeing her. After that, I have football to look forward to and Christmas will be here before I know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home