Kaleidoscope

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

And The Prince Has Spoken

I am completely amazed. An evening with Prince is truly an incredible thing. He is so entertaining and even did a great job of making the huge concert some how seem more intimate. Incredible!

Artist have Picasso, actors have Stephen Spielberg, GIS professional have Jack Dangermond and musicians have Prince. I told a couple of my girlfriends last night that I feel so lucky to be alive while Prince is alive and making music. He is simply breathtaking.

As a musician, Prince is so versatile. I have listened to his music for many years now, but I am not sure that I could truly appreciate what an amazing artist he is until I saw him in concert. Costume changes served as a brilliant time for his band to demonstrate how talented they are. The sounds of blues carried through the arena and thousands of people sat breathless. Strong drums were beat to the rhythm of the hearts of a captivated audience, and Prince with an acoustic guitar led the group like a camp fire sing along where everyone is in tune an on the right beat.

Almost like a Pied piper, Prince led the audience through a lesson in music and sent us away to the sounds of Purple Rain. We wanted to shout for more, but there is nothing to top it. We left the arena with the memory of rhythm and dance, knowing that we had all been in the presence of Prince. The one and only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home