Kaleidoscope

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Your Low Maintenance Friend.... Always
I read a blog the other day by a young woman who I think would be an awesome friend. She talked about the group of friends she had and it sounds like these ladies are all peas in a pod. She made a comment about how she and her girlfriends are so low maintenance and I thought it was brilliant! Then, I got an email today from one of my oldest and dearest friends who I credit as being very low maintenance. We have been friends for fifteen years now. All of these years she has been one of those people that you can really call a true friend. I do not see her as much as I once did and that never seems to have an affect on our friendship. We always pick up right where we left off. She is like a breath of fresh air. She is full of spirit, loves to laugh, backs me up, cheers me on, and encourages me in every way. Being friends with her is without limits or restrictions. She never tries to out do any of her friends by having the most fabulous outfit, hosting the best party, or hearing the latest band first. She is remarkably creative and it seems to be without effort. She delights in all of her friends joys and when the wind changes direction, she goes right along with it. She never demands more than just your own trueness and loyalty. She can keep your secrets and she remembers your birthday. It sounds completely unreal, I know, yet it is all true. She is as human as we all are. We have had our share of disagreements, but we always worked through them. Some of her best characteristics are in the friend that she is. She makes me feel special and she reminds me of what a true friend does. They love you, laugh with you and support you. I am so blessed to have even one friend like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home