Kaleidoscope

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I want to play!

It is spring time and there are a bunch of things I have not done yet. I have not played hookie for the day, I have not taken an afternoon picnic, I have not shopped for spring clothes or rocked out to Jimmy Buffet and a little Margaritaville. There is still time though. I have picked flowers so I can add up those points.

I spent the beginning today, REALLY trying to scratch things off my list and I am getting somewhere, but what I really want to do right now is play. And I am not sure what. Part of me wants to go running out the door giggling like a little girl and roll down the hills of the golf course outside of our office. I am sure that would make for some great water cooler talk. "Did you see Natalie today?" By the end of the day it would be that I ran out of the office naked, screaming red rum at the top of my lungs and I was going to throw myself into the lake. So, I better stick to waiting until I get home. At least then I can blame my insanity on my need to entertain my dog.

If I owned a company, I think I would require my employees to take a break in the afternoon to refresh themselves and restore their sanity. Not that I have lost mine, but I see how one could. Maybe I should take this idea to my boss and see what he thinks..... I am sure he would show me the companies bottom line and ask me to figure up how a break would affect our bottom line.

I guess I must have the weekend blues, the springtime blues and post vacation blues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home