Kaleidoscope

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The $20.05 Deal

It is past my bedtime and I am stuffed. One of my girlfriends got an idea a while back to take part in the Restaurant of the Week special and made reservations for 5 of us this evening. We ate at Dailey's which was wonderful. I have been there for drinks before, but never dinner. The special was as the title says, Twenty dollars and five cents (The price came from the year that it is). The special included a side salad, entree and desert. Swordfish was the featured item of the evening and it was incredible. The desert though, was really out of this world. I was sure that Claim Jumper had the best deserts around since they had slices of cake that were large enough to fit into a shoe box, but the Chocolate Charlotte at Dailey's was good enough to compete.

It was fun catching up because I really have not seen these girls much lately and even though I have a chance to spend this coming weekend with them, we really got some quality time in because our reservations were for 8:30, we were not seated until 9:00 and we did not get to order until after 9:30. In fact, we were finishing our deserts just before 11:00 PM. I am going to have some strange dreams tonight. That is if I can get myself to bed.

Like most, I am sending my shout outs to Madonna for her Birthday and hoping a speedy recovery from that tumble she took on the horse. Not the way I would want to spend my birthday either. Maybe she refused to share her birthday cake with her son and Karma is coming for a visit.

So off to bed I go and out of town I go tomorrow... Well, that is today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home