Kaleidoscope

Monday, December 01, 2003

Your Autobiography

Have you ever watched "Behind the Music" on VH1 or Biography? What if you could make an autobiography? Would you do it? If you could, what would you want to put on it? Well folks, now you can. As I heard it from Clark Howard this morning, for the rock bottom price of around $20,000 (yes, I said twenty thousand dollars) you too can make your own biography of your life and family. I can see mine unfold right now........ Pictures coming in and out, fading from one age to the next and then opening with the video my sister and I did at Gwinnett Place Mall when I was a senior in High School. We sang "Achey Breaky Heart" for our dad on Father's Day. No, that is not one of my favorite songs, it is one of his. Then it would obviously move on to some of my finer moments. Graduating from College, buying my first car on my own, etc. All I need now is the $20,000 to make it happen.

Now, there is a new idea. What if someone came up with a new TV or Cable channel? Every biography was one made by the common man and the commercials were the same. Now that could make for a very entertaining evening. Almost as entertaining as watching Rupert on David Letterman. Could you even begin to image what it would be like to have a camera follow you everywhere you went? Yikes, people would know how long it takes me to dry my hair and what I really look like before I put my war paint on in the morning. Not so good. I think I will have to leave my mark on the world through pictures and what few home videos there are of me. But I do like the idea of viewing other autobiographies for those who are brave enough or should I say rich enough to do so. I guess unless people took out personal loans to finance a venture like that, we would actually be watching a channel on The Rich, yet not so famous.